Friday, May 12, 2006

Wood Anemones




Today I saw first time in Oulu wood anemones and of course I share the joy with you. Near by is Priki park and wood anemones is blooming now.

Following text is from information board at the park:
"Priki Park, growing in its natural state, is situated in the middle of the housing blocks and is connected to the green zones of Toppilansaari and the Oulu River Delta via Lundström Park.
Priki Park is constructed by hand to protect the vegetation. Management aims to maintain the rare habitat of the wood anemone, the versatile vegetation and the trees."

(While I was lying on the ground taking photos some kids came and ask what I was doing. Their opinion about flower photographs was that it’s totally misuse of good camera and quite silly too.)

7 comments:

  1. wow, beautiful flowers and a very nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, the kids... well, I'm sure they'll appreciate it one day, too... Love the flower shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kids are funny - did they want you to take a picture of them instead? The kids I coach beg to have their pictures taken! Such hams :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lisi and Nicola, I like to take flower photograps. I have planned "flower photo of the week" project during the summer time.

    Nicholas, yes ;-) actually all kids I have met do so. They love to see their pictures from camera display.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/7/06 09:42

    I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous18/7/06 15:01

    Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous20/7/06 23:06

    Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

    ReplyDelete